As confirmed by the research of Nomisma’s Osservatorio Packaging del Largo Consumo, for Italians preserving the environment is fundamental and there is an increasing need to have products packaged in compliance with this principle. In 2020, 33% of those interviewed saw an increase in the role played by the environment in their everyday choices and 27% have always considered the ecosystem a priority.
It seems that Italians are convinced: change has to start from small actions and the green revolution can only take place through a change in lifestyle and consumption habits. This is why they are increasingly sensitive to the use of sustainable solutions, even in product packaging.
We at Farmo Res have standard or customised solutions for eco-sustainable packaging for the cosmetics, pharmaceutical and food sectors.
Why is sustainable packaging increasingly important?
- Environmental protection. Environmentally friendly packaging minimises waste. An aspect that is also present in the possibility of creating practical single-dose packs, which are also appreciated, especially in this historical period, for their greater hygiene.
- Pollution prevention. It limits the production of plastic, the problems of which we all know by now.
- Enhances the company’s image in terms of CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility)
- As we said at the beginning of this article, eco-sustainability is a trend demanded by the market and consumers. A recent survey by Pro Carton on European consumers’ perception of packaging states that: “Out of 7,000 consumers, 77% of those surveyed said they would be willing to pay more for a product with eco-friendly packaging”.
Role and functions of the consumer pack
- 47% of respondents identified the main function as “helping to define the sustainability of the product”. This role follows the more traditional and fundamental functions of preservation (66%) and protection of the organoleptic properties of products (60%).
- Next, the pack must act as a means of communicating product characteristics (35%), facilitate storage and transport operations (31%).
- And finally, 23% say that the pack should make the product more attractive.
BioRes K7 – Green packaging of syringes, vials and bottles in recycled cardboard
BioRes K7-260 is the latest automatic balcony-forming machine for packaging syringes, vials and bottles in recycled cardboard at a speed of 30 cpm. Needless to say, demand in the pharmaceutical sector has increased and, consequently, the importance of having and promoting “green” solutions.